Archive for the 'Minutes of meetings' Category

Meetings with partners Feb 2010

February 22, 2010

Following meetings via Skype between the team at Worcester and that at Southampton the project has now reached a stage where the new sustainable version of the software based on EPrints will be introduced. Initially this will be hosted at Southampton, and the current data transferred. Later in the Spring, the entire system will be transferred to servers here at Worcester.

Meanwhile we are all admiring the new profile page, the preview arrangements and a number of other improvements.

We will be introducing our requirements for access levels and “secret url” feature when the new version is established.

Advertisements

Meeting with partners 19 January 2010

January 20, 2010

Andrew met with Yvonne, Seb and Marcus via Skype to review progress and plans for system development.

The new “preview” system with media player has recently been incorporated. A facility to promote collaboration in which people will be able to edit each other’s resources is to be introduced in the next week or two. The new EdShare version with sustainable software and EPrints packages will be launched in the next week or two and this will replace our system, hosted at Southampton; installation on Worcester servers would then follow later in the Spring. The revised “secret url” and trimmed down access options will be done in the next week. Problems with the “collections” facility might be a bug – Seb and Marcus would investigate this for us.

Worcester will be appointing a Learning Technologist next week (interviews on 26th January) so that the repository will be fully funtional with major features in place ready for the planned work with tutors to build the resource collection.

It was suggested that a further Skype meeting be held in a week’s time.

Skype Meeting Wed 9th December 2009

January 14, 2010

Andrew, Viv, Seb, Yvonne and Dave met by Skype to dicuss a revised schedule of activities and plan further changes to the look and feel of the repository (see suggested extension document on the documents and publications page)

The most important changes to be made are:

  1. Secret url and access options
  2. Collections to get working
  3. Multiple files to get working

This will ensure that early user trials can begin in Jan 2010

 

Meeting Notes 13th October 2009

October 22, 2009

WLBR_MeetingNotes_13_10_09

Meeting held Leicester

July 13, 2009

Viv and Andrew met Yvonne and Dave at the JISC event on 7 July 2009.

Agreement on software installation schedule – Southampton proposed to delay the installation of repository software at Worcester until January 2010. These changes have been added to the Memorandum of Agreement to be found on the Documents and Publications page.

Software features: We discussed the features for the repository which would be required at Worcester. These would be confirmed in an updated System Spec Outline. There was much debate about the use of “public url” for each item within the repository.

Networking: Worcester agreed to participate in networking between universities carrying out projects using the same or similar software, to be organised by Southampton

Project Team Meeting May 2009

May 21, 2009

Janet Davidson prepared the minutes of the first project team meeting . . .

Initial Project Team Meeting: JISC WLBR Project

Minutes of the meeting held on 20th May 2009 at 3 p.m.

Present: Andrew Rothery (Chair), Viv Bell, Libby Symonds, Adam Newton, Mark Adams, James Mckie, Janet Davidson

1.  Project Manager and additional funding for additional project post.  Review Project Team membership.

Viv Bell has been appointed as Project Manager and will be working two days per week.  The budget will need to be reviewed as additional money will be available to fund extra staff to work on the project.  It is hoped that a part-time Learning technologist will be appointed  from September to March.  One of their roles will be to help tutors to upload their teaching materials to Learning Box prior to the official launch in January 2010.

2.  General arrangements and contacts with JISC.  Opportunities for the team to attend meetings/events.

Our JISC Programme Manager is Amber Thomas. 

Our contacts at Southampton University are Dave Millard, Patrick and Debra. 

We have made contact with Anna Comas-Quinn at the Open University.  Their team will be setting up a subject repository (Languages Open Resources Online) using the Language Box software.

Event:  inf11 & VRE start up meeting for all projects in these programmes 7th-8th July at Leicester University

3.  Views and ideas on the Project Plan

Information to be taken from the Project Proposal to go in the Project Plan

  • Visit from representatives from Southampton University to discuss the customisation of Language Box.  This will include a restricted area in the repository for tutors who do not wish to share their resources.  Tutors will also need to be able to share their resources with nominated groups.  This functionality is not yet available.
  • Software to be installed.
  • Tutors to be selected to start using Learning Box.  Any changes to be made before the launch in January.
  • Final Report to be started in January.
  • Learning Box to be linked to Release.
  • Servers – Andrew to arrange a meeting with Debbi to make sure arrangements are in place.  Various options were put forward by members of the team.

4.  Arranging meetings with Southampton in respect of technical/installation and software design/functionality requirements.

The team from Southampton will be invited to visit us on Tuesday 9th June.  Two meetings will take place.  Technical issues will be discussed in the morning and functionality requirements in the afternoon.

5.  Date and time of the next meeting

Tuesday 9th June.

[Note: after the meeting the date was changed and separate meetings arranged instead.]